FOR FAMILIES WITH CHILDREN:
- KINGDOM KIDS Kingdom Kids is our Sunday School program for our current large number of children from age 3 to grade 6. The program is fast paced and designed to grab the interest and attention of young minds. Children remain with parents during the 11 AM worship time, then divide into classes.
- JUNIOR HIGH CLASS This class is for those in grades 7 to 9 who meet together to study Biblical topics pertinent to their age group and relevant to every young Christian’s daily walk. This class benefits from messages delivered during the Family Worship time as well as separate in-class sessions. (No classes in the summer.)
- AWANA A weekly club for children in kindergarten to grade 6, blending Bible teaching, Scripture memorization, and tons of fun! Meets Tuesday evenings at the church from 6:30 to 8 pm (from September through April).
- MOMS & TOTS Drop in any time between 9:00 am and 11:00 am at the church on Tuesday mornings with your babies and tots for free play, conversation, and coffee. Bring your own kids’ snacks. No cost.
- TODDLER ROOM The Toddler Room is available on Sundays for children 18 months to 3 years. The Toddler Room drop off time is 11:00 AM and parents are to sign their child in and pick them up following the service.
- NURSERY For babies up to 18 months. The nursery is available starting at 11:30 AM just following the worship time portion of the 11:00 AM service; three volunteers are assigned each Sunday.
REFINERY YOUTH GROUP
Constitutes about 20-30 youth between grades 7 and 12. This group meets on Friday evenings for a miscellaneous program of social, musical and spiritual activities. Also on Tuesday evenings a Bible study called Growth Group meets at the church.
COLLEGE & CAREER
C&C focuses on the needs of young adults within the CCA community. College and Careers offers fellowship and growth opportunities for the student as well as the employed. C&C sponsors periodic toonie lunches following Sunday morning services to promote community and provide an opportunity to get to know newcomers. Connecting and caring for one another is important in this ministry, as many C&C find themselves new to the city or their careers.
Women meet for coffee-hour Bible studies at the church on Thursday mornings at 9:15 am (babysitting provided). At various times throughout the year, evening studies at the church or in homes are also offered.
Other large events are planned throughout the year.
Men of all ages are encouraged to experience the special fellowship that comes from eating together, sharing their “personal journeys”, and doing occasional work projects.
Men’s breakfasts take place once a month – usually the third Saturday of the month.
Small groups are a vital part of CCA’s sense of community and are being run at the youth level and among the College and Careers. There are a variety of groups for adults, some focusing on Bible study and others on outreach and services. All groups include the concept of supportive fellowship for those in them.
THE ALPHA COURSE
Alpha is an opportunity to explore the meaning of life in a relaxed, friendly setting. The ten week Alpha course runs periodically throughout the year.Each week enjoy great food, laughter, and learning in a fun and friendly atmosphere where no question about life and God is seen as too simple or too complex…questions like—Is there a God? Why am I here? Where did I come from? Where am I going?